Thursday, March 17, 2011

Passion

The Glorious Passion Flower..

Alex Grey

Andy Goldsworthy

David Nash


I am sitting by myself right now in an extremely beautiful cafe...there are 3 very aesthetically pleasing rooms to lounge in...a veranda...and art classrooms with colorful and expressive paintings around...complete with a young man playing his guitar with passion. I've got my Cabernet house wine and a glass of water, my computer and free wi fi...and a florida sunset. I had a moment this evening. A moment of such truth in my personal passion that I was brought to tears. I was looking around me at the paintings on the wall...all abstract and colorful and I thought of how excited I am to paint again when I am in my Art Therapy program this fall. I repeated to myself...wow I'm so excited...and then I was so deeply moved by how much I LOVE expressing myself through the visual arts....especially through color and abstract lines and movements. I was touched by my inner passion. It took me over with such joy and excitement! I thought of how art connects to the community. I though of how perhaps one day I can use my artwork to help others...to heal.

One of my favorite artists, Alex Grey, talks about a study done on how a movie like "The Exorcist" can deplete your nervous system to an unhealthy level. Based on this study, Alex Grey is forever inspired by the ability of the visual arts to heal...he calls his artwork, Sacred Art. I too am deeply passionate about the healing ability of the arts. My music, graphic designs, sculptures, and yoga are all based on healing and a connection to the sacredness of life. One of my recent visions of sculpting with natural materials....mud, grass, sticks, rocks, crystals...brings this healing to our earth. Two more of my favorite sculptors...David Nash and Andy Goldsworthy, create sculptures spontaneously and organically with earth materials, out in nature...it is ethereal art....it is like building a sand castle on the shore, only to watch it be slowly washed out to sea with the coming tide. This artwork is also so sacred to me. Allowing oneself to create, or CO-Create, with the earth and with the flow of the land....manifesting something beautiful with what is free and available and organic....and not being attached....giving your creation back to the land. This is a true cycle of creation. These works of art now exist in beautiful photographs...I highly suggest checking them out.

Either way....I really felt my passion today....I felt moved and inspired and extremely excited to be me....to be connected to the work that I am personally meant to bring to others. I know I have taken my time to figure things out. I know I have not followed that "timeline" that some others my age are on....you know....graduate college, get a "real" big salary job, get married, buy a house...and so on. Now, some people are ready for those things....but No, that wasn't for me. I've always been committed to working a job that is aligned with my passions...and living the life I have always envisioned...and that is filled with passion. I know that this means I will be performing, sculpting, designing, and dancing.....connecting with others, traveling, and marveling at the world around me....touching others and loving the light that exists within everyone.

A spontaneous poem.....on passion....

"Passion"

Peachy, plump, prestigious,
my passion is religious.
Proud, profound, and perfect
my passion is concurrent...
with joy, with love, with laughter
and alllll the ever after.
A unicorn to guide me
and wings to fly me freely.
My passion brings me higher
I can breath in creatively.
My roots, my soul, my song
empowering the "wrong."
I feel my passion in the silence
I feel my passion in the violence
My passion is my feeling
My passion is my healing..

Namaste ~ Sat Nam ~ Peace, Love, and Passionate Blessings all over this world.

I urge us all to think about what we are most passionate about...to connect with the beam of light that makes us most fulfilled and happy to be who we Authentically are. Connect with this light and send it out into the world...send it to your loved ones, and send it to Japan. Heal our earth. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment