Friday, April 15, 2011

Bridges to Dreams


I'm a full on dreamer...especially as the moon becomes full, my night is also full of dreams. This morning I woke up quite unsure of what was real....and sometimes I'm convinced it's the dream world =) (you know like in the movie, Avatar?...I've totally had those experiences...) ANyways.. last night I dreamt about bridges. In one dream, I was crossing a very long, solid, wooden bridge at night in a city with my girl friends from high school and childhood. In the next dream I was following a friend of mine who was playing guitar...he led me down a cliff and onto a bridge of rocks over water...I was shocked that he didn't fall...and I walked on with steady feet. The scene around me was vibrant...sooo green....you know how right after it rains and it's all misty, and the colors are just popping out? Yea. Then we got to another bridge...it dipped down in the center and a crowd of people were there watching others go out onto it. I walked across and then watched as a guy in a bicycling outfit hopped onto the bridge and proceeded to jump up and down, showing off that he was not going to fall in. Hmmmmmm.....I knew bridges in dreams would represent transitions...and this is what the "dream dictionary" said about some of the details....

Bridge
To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change filled with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage. If the bridge is over water, then it suggests that your transition will be an emotional one. If you fall off the bridge and into the water, then the dream indicates that you are letting your emotions hold you back and prevent you from moving forward. Alternatively, the bridge may indicate that you are trying to "bridge" or connect two things together.
Cliff
To dream that you are standing at the edge of a cliff, indicates that you have reached an increased level of understanding, new awareness, and a fresh point of view. You have reached a critical point in your life and cannot risk losing control. Alternatively, it suggests that you are pondering a life-altering decision.

Rocks
To see a rock in your dream, symbolizes strength, permanence, stability and integrity, as conveyed in the common phrase "as solid as a rock". The dream may also indicate that you are making a commitment to a relationship or that you are contemplating some changes in your life that will lay the groundwork for a more solid foundation.
To dream that you are climbing a rock, signifies your determination, ambition and struggle.
Night
To have a dream that takes place at night, represents some major setbacks and obstacles in achieving your goals. You are being faced with an issue that is not so clear cut. Perhaps, you should put the issues aside so you can clear your head and come back to it later. Alternatively, night may be synonymous with death, rebirth, reflection, and new beginnings.
City
To see a city in your dream, signifies your social environment and sense of community. If you dream of a big city, then it suggests that you need to develop closer ties and relationships. You are feeling alienated and alone.
Green
Green signifies a positive change, good health, growth, fertility, healing, hope, vigor, vitality, peace, and serenity. The appearance of the color may also be a way of telling you to "go ahead". Alternatively, green is a metaphor for a lack of experience in some task

Nature
To dream of nature, denotes freedom, tranquility, restoration, and renewal. You are utilizing your instinctual nature.


Ok, so all of these have to do with the fact that my life is going through some crazy transformations right now...I've had to face setbacks in school plans, I've decided to reach out to more of my friends and in fact just had a wonderful and long conversation with one of my best.... and I feel that ultimately- my decisions will lead me to a more peaceful place as long as I continue to follow my heart. Alllright!

Goooood night...blessings ~ Sat Nam!


No comments:

Post a Comment