Saturday, February 12, 2011

1,2,3,4 - FIVE!


"So, today is day 5?" - me

"Just day 5?" - Cristina


=) Well, hip hip hoooray for us...we have only just begun..and we are definitely feeling the difference. It's amazing what a little breathwork and movement done every day can add to your life. For me, it's simply the act of doing by letting everything else go. Rather than focusing on my "should do's" I say, no, it is time for me to breath and check in with my self....my mind, body, and spirit. So day 5 ~ I worked on alignment in standing poses today....all versions of warrior, tree pose, and half moon. Although I am a fan of ritual, I am really enjoying the variety of teachers and sequences that are offered on the yoga journal website. I was able to choose a 30 min session....and although I have done most of the poses before, I learned how to tune in even more to each muscle and cell of my body...to properly align myself, and to stay true to where my limits are. Finding balance in tree pose is difficult, but I am learning to smile at myself more and return to steady focus...even balancing for 15 seconds feels like a huge achievement....go me! haha =)


I'd like to share my Kundalini yoga ~ women's quotes of the day....yesterday and today....


February 11, 2011


The moment you become a prayerful person, the fear of the Unknown is gone and love of the Unknown awakens.

© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, July 15, 1982


February 12, 2011


The law is that where there is a known, there is an Unknown. If you continue relating to the known, you are denying the Unknown.

© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, July 15, 1982


I suggest checking out this website if you want to learn more about what Kundalini yoga is.... http://www.3ho.org/

And so....the "UnKnown".....dun dun dun.....this is what most of us fear in life...especially those of us who love to believe that they can control the outcome of their life....I'll raise my hand to that one. Yes, I admit, I have some control issues....but I have always played it off as though I am carefree and easy going....while this may be true...I also have expectations for what I feel "should be." SO, does the fact that I am admitting my control issue at least start the process of letting that go? I sure hope so...=) For as long as I can remember I have been afraid of losing control, of falling, of failing, or being wrong, of hurting someone else's feelings, of not being good enough or smart enough.......well all of that "stuff" has only held me back from receiving what was being given to me, learning from mistakes, voicing my opinion or thoughts, expressing my feelings, and believing in my self. I'm ready to shed a lot of layers, don't you think? yes. How will I go about doing this? Well.....I am going to pray. yes, Laurie Elizabeth is going to pray. It has taken me years to figure out that prayer is just another word for affirmation.....for intention....that thoughts and words are prayers.....that mantras are prayers. "But I'm not religious" I used to think. I have come to see through the practice of yoga, that I personally do not need a religion to find my spiritual self....that yoga enhances and adapts to every act of faith that exists. I could proabably ramble on more about this....but bottom line is.....it is time to pray.....

Blessings of Peace and Love. Namaste. Sat Nammmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment