Monday, February 7, 2011

"21 Days of Devotion"




This Jan. began with snow....and lots of it! Each year I find myself appreciating the seasons more and more. When I see the snow, I feel a cleansing, purifying, and quieting... I've barely left the apartment building where I live with my beautiful "Jersey 5" and although there have been some serious moments of cabin fever and frustration, there has been an indescribable sense of peace for where I am in my life. Those endless "must do's" and "should do's" have significantly quieted....it's almost eerie. I have also found that the new year has given me a fresh outlook on how I spend each precious moment. I have been motivated to do more yoga, enjoy more vegetarian meals, and explore the world of vibrational healing through sound and mantras. From this, my sister Cristina and I have been encouraging each other to continue our yoga practice...as we are both feeling a shift...a driving force within that is screaming for transformation...to be awakened so that we can embody our highest potentials. SO, that brings me to our "21 days of devotion"....technically this started with a free subscription to Yoga Journal as a result from my beautiful birthday spent at Kripalu last July. In the Jan. issue, they encourage their readers to take a 21 day challenge of yoga and meditation....and so...here we go! We will be yoga-ing, meditating, and blogging for the next 21 days...starting tomorrow! They say it takes 21 days to start a new habit.... =)

Blessings, Namaste, Sat Nam ~

No comments:

Post a Comment