Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 14 ~ Pain Body




Today I was blessed to receive a myofascial treatment from a family friend...she has been a big part of my healing in the past year. For those who have never heard of Myofascial....here's a quick definition and picture: http://www.myofascialrelease.com/fascia_massage/public/whatis_myofascial_release.asp

this is what I find most fascinating about this type of bodywork...
"Fascia is a specialized system of the body that has an appearance similar to a spider's web or a sweater. Fascia is very densely woven, covering and interpenetrating every muscle, bone, nerve, artery and vein, as well as, all of our internal organs including the heart, lungs, brain and spinal cord. The most interesting aspect of the fascial system is that it is not just a system of separate coverings. It is actually one continuous structure that exists from head to toe without interruption. In this way you can begin to see that each part of the entire body is connected to every other part by the fascia, like the yarn in a sweater.
Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive it is thought that an extremely high percentage of people suffering with pain and/or lack of motion may be having fascial problems, but most go undiagnosed."


Before moving to New Jersey, I had been complaining about a variety of body issues, emotional problems, and pain that I was not connected to...I prayed for healing and asked for it every night. I was lost from purpose, sad because I had so much so realease, and extremely anxious to move forward. I knew that if I wanted to heal others I first had to heal myself and at the time, I was not sure where to begin....and was certainly not willing to wait around for that much longer...=) When I moved to New Jersey, I had to leave my comfort...of parents, close friends, my bedroom, my home....and soon came to shed my old car, old clothes, old habits (some!), financial problems, even the way I ate had to shift. Today, as I lay on the table during the session, I thought...how could there be that much pain in my rib bones, my hip bones, my stomach muscles? I am feeling better than I have in a long time, I am aware of the process, and I committed to moving my body every day...and yet my pain body is still with me....lingering and reminding me that I have not gone deep enough...there are more shadows to be revealed and faced. The frustration is a struggle...and the emotions that are locked in those parts of my body have been suppressed and bottled up for so many years, that I have trouble connecting to whatever it is I am releasing when I finally let go of the pain. I am so grateful for the many healings I have received this year...from acupuncture, body work, energy healing, and more....my intentions have manifested, slowly revealing the healthy and strong woman within me. I choose to move forward, accepting myself where I am now, respecting the process, and trusting the natural flow of life...Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment